Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Ron and Robyn's Wedding

Ron and Robyn got married July 2nd. There's a reason these two are my friends. They're smart enough to start their wedding at 5pm instead of 2pm the day after they know their friends are going to be out drinking the night before. After arriving home that morning from downtown I had time to take a long nap, and still get cute for the wedding.

I got my mom to drop me off at Redwoods (there IS an advantage to living at home) and mingled inside with my friends. A few minutes later they ushered us out to the chapel area. They have a really nice set-up there between the trees, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. The only problem was it was too damn hot. In the short time we sat waiting (20 minutes, maybe) I was sweating my ass off. It was bad enough that when we stood up for the bride to walk down the aisle I had to sit back down into a pool of my own sweat. Urg. I really felt for the dudes.

They kept the ceremony short and sweet, took some group pics, and it was time to relax and drink until dinner. I sat on the patio chatting most of the time with my friend's new girlfriend.

For dinner I was seated with my good friend Nick and his girlfriend, and Eric and Mary, a really fun couple friend of the bride and groom's. The speeches were kept short and sweet and actually amusing, and then it was time to eat.

I can't remember what the food was like, which is kind of a change for me. Sort of disturbing actually. Someone should take my temperature.

We danced and drank the night away... to a reasonable hour. SOMEONE had planned my niece's baptims for the next morning. Blast!

1 comment:

Meerb said...

That makes complete sense!It sounds like a great book. Thanks for sharing.