Thursday, December 15, 2011

Canada Day 2011

I celebrated Canada Day by heading downtown to hang out with a girlfriend. I met her at her place, and we took the Seabus across to Granville Island. My other friend was working down there so we went for a visit. Unluckily for her the man she was working with smelled to the high heavens. You know when you accidentally leave your laundry in the washing machine for too long? That smell. I felt for her.

We grabbed some lunch on the patio at The Sandbar. We had a nice little girl-talk chat, but I could tell she was hiding something from me. Our plan had been after lunch to chill at her place for a bit, then head to a mutual friend's for a BBQ dinner. I called her out because I knew she was keeping a secret, and it turned out she was actually sort of dating the mutual friend. Surprise!

We grabbed some groceries, headed over and proceeded to start drinking. I had planned on only having 1 or 2 and driving home, since I had a wedding to attend the next day, but that's not exactly how it went. A few hours later my friend had lost her nose ring, so we went to the drug store to grab a new one. I dropped some ice cream and we drunkenly chatted up the entire staff. This is what I love about my friends. It doesn't matter where we are, or what we're doing, we can have fun.

We enjoyed a delicious dinner on the patio with a few friends, and decided to stay up there to watch the fireworks. After freezing our asses off for 20 minutes we thought to ourselves: fuck the fireworks, lets go in the hot tub!

After getting dressed again we had an ottoman party. For those of you who have never tried this, it's where you get drunk and dance on an ottoman. It's a lot more fun than it sounds. Quite enjoyable, really.

At the beginning of the night I'd told my friend to hook me up with his cute buddy... and at this point in the night he finally arrived. I was pretty sloshed at this point already and he kept harassing me to keep drinking. It was like high school. No matter how old boys are they, or how much you try to refrain... they keep pushing the booze. The boy and I had a little cuddle on the couch, and my friends headed to bed. I ended up crashing there, and having a little makeout session, too. (Unlike my date in June I was on my A-game this time!)

I got up as early as my hangover would allow, and headed back to Langley... I had a wedding to get ready for!

1 comment:

Meerb said...

Hi this news is exactly what I search. I share to your website to my facebook. Thank you update daily this blog will go to peak thanks bye…