Friday, October 21, 2011

Running of the Sun

Oops, I did it again! The Sun Run that is!

I met up at Elise's place in Vancouver, we walked downtown to meet up with Caitlin, chugged some samples of Red Bull and barged out way into the front line of the "white" group. I'm not being a racist, they assign different bib colours depending on how long you say you'll take to run the race. (White being an hour to an hour and a quarter.)

Elise had planned to run with me, but about 30 seconds into the race she was goners. I don't blame her, I mean, I basically winged it. For those of you out there thinking, well if she ran without training then I can too... go for it, but believe me, you will pay for it the next 5 days. I was hobbling around like a War Amp. Luckily Caitlin stuck with me most of the race.

The other two times I'd run the race I remembered it being sort of fun. This time it just seemed looooong. There are still people lining the streets, cheering you on, and bands playing which is pretty cool. Also along the waterfront there was a restaurant on fire and a firetruck was there. I love a distraction.

I ended up making pretty good time actually, the official time in the paper was 1:12:28, but factoring in the amount of time it took me to get over the mat to get my chip read it was probably about 1:10! A new Danielle record!

No comments: