Friday, October 21, 2011

Glass Smash

The Tuesday after the long weekend I walked out my front door to a not-so-pleasant surprise... My mom said to me "Oh, you left your window open!" Ummm, no I didn't, my car had been broken into. They'd smashed the driver's side window and glass was everywhere.

They took a bag of clothes, and my CDs. The funny thing is that the clothes were an ancient sweatshirt and jeans I'd borrowed from a girlfriend to go home in after a night out. And who wants CDs besides me? Doesn't every one else have an iPod hooked up?

The break-in had occurred at around 6:00 in the morning too, after my dad had left for work. I figured this must be the work of crackheads.

I missed work to take my car into the autoglass shop. I had a crack in my windshield that I figured I might as well fix while I was there. I paid the deductible on the windshield, but it was cheaper for me to just pay for the side window. (Damn ICBC won't just combine deductibles.)

My car was fixed a few hours later, good as new, or so I thought. The next day I grabbed Tim Horton's at lunch, and when trying to close my window the hand crank came off in my hand. Dammit! Back to the glass place I went for them to fix it. At least I got a Starbucks gift card out of the deal.

Lessons of the week:
(1) Don't leave clothes in your car. Even if they are ugly as hell.
(2) Suburbia is not safe! Crackheads are everywhere!

1 comment:

angelsroy33 said...

It's very true, I NEVER leave ANYTHING in my car ever.I learned the hard way with my purse being stolen out of my car from under the seat. Funny thing is, I missed the purse more than everything else they took!Love your blog.