Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Can See the Light!

As some of you may remember I had Laser Eye Surgery last year. I've always had a bit of an eye phobia, and it was scary... but I'd decided it was time to correct my horrible vision and be free of glasses and contacts.

This February I went for my 1-year check up. I had been for 3-day, 5-day, 2-week, 1-month, 3-month, 6-month, and 9-month checks previously. At those appointments they told me that my vision was good... but because of swelling in my eye (because they had to laser-zap me so deep into my cornea) I had a bit of astigmatism. What this means to those of us who have heard the word, but have no idea what it really means, is that when I'd look at a bright light, especially if it was dark out, instead of seeing the regular boundaries of the light I was getting a bit of a glare, or a star-shine off it.

A lot of the time when people get laser eye surgery who have vision as bad as me they need a touch-up surgery to fully correct their sight.

The check-up appointment was good news. My vision is excellent ... 20/15 in each eye to be exact, which is better than 20/20. Also my astigmatism and swelling are gone. The only problem I have is that my eyes are apparently a little dry so they suggested saline eye drops. The lady even told me that she was surprised I didn't need a touch-up.

All-in-all, I'm very happy with my results and encourage anyone who's thinking about it to at least go and get a consultation. I got it done at the Valley Laser Eye Centre, where Dr Blaylock and his staff were very good. Good luck, guys!

No comments: