Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nice Boy

The week after my birthday I finally got to go out with the cute boy I'd met at the office. He picked me up and we went to Earl's for some drinks and appies. We got along really well; we were having one of those really great conversations about everyting: our families, friends, work, love, futures. We seemed to be on the same page about a lot of things... Except that he planned to move to Switzerland or Sweden(I forget which country exactly,) in a year to work for a while. I had about 3 martinis and was on the drunker side of life, but still able to function. He took me home and dropped me off. I was hoping for a kiss, but nope, denied.

We went out again a few days later. Since I'd made him plan the last date, this time it was my turn. We headed out Castly Fun Park in Abbotsford to play some mini golf, boozed up slushies and all. It was a lot of fun. We were laughing, and joking, and cheating a little. Then we went back to his place to play a little pool. (He lives in a house with his dad and brother, so the dining room was turned into a TV room, and the pool table was in the living room area.) He also started teaching me how to play guitar. It is not easy. For those of you who have never tried, you have to hold down the strings really hard, and it hurts your finger. I was doing ok though.

He drove me home, and this time I did get a kiss... but it wasn't quite what I expected. It was sort of... soft. Not that I like my face to be ravaged when I'm kissed, soft is better than completely rough, but it was like kissing a pillow. Put a little bit of tension into those lips! The problem is, how do you "teach" someone to kiss, when they aren't exactly a teenager anymore? Hmmm.

No comments: