Thursday, July 22, 2010

Birthday Playa

My birthday was on a Monday. At the office I was working at that day no one but one girl knew or cared. The one girl got me flowers though, which was very much appreciated. Oh yeah... they did get me a card, that they all signed AFTER the fact, and that I got the next day. Thanks.

I worked the Tuesday at one of my other offices, where they DO care. I got a card, ON TIME, and also a cake.I had left at lunch because I had a cancellation, and came back to the surprisecake, but it was too late to cut it then, so we decided to have the cake near the end of the work day.

Fast forward to the end of the day, and I was walking my patient out. There was a surprise waiting for me at the front: a cute boy under the receptionist's desk, trying to fix the computer for her. After chatting for a bit I invited him back to have cake with us for all his efforts.

He came back and ate cake as well as he could, as he'd just gotten a filling done and was super frozen still. Poor guy.

We all got to talking, and I mentioned that he should come out for my birthday that weekend, because we were going bowling, and who doesn't like bowling?

After talking for a bit more, everyone else had to get back to work and it was just met and him... and he asked me for my phone number. I gave it to him, while being super nervous and saying dumb things. He actually wanted to come out bowling! I was stoked! He also kept texting me over the next couple days, and things seemed to be going well, so far!

No comments: