Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm Gaga for Gaga!

I had the pleasure of seeing Lady Gaga live at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in December, and to steal one of Perez Hilton's catch phrases... it was AMAZEBALLS!


At first I thought it was strange to be seeing her in a theatre I reserved in my mind for Cats and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat... but if her show isn't a Broadway musical, I don't know what is.

Our seats were in the left-middle in the 15th or so row, and were fab. It really was a great venue for this show (if you forgive them for the inability to bring drinks from the lobby to your seats, that is! Ugh... having to chug two doubles.)

Before the show started they were playing some hot Michael Jackson tunes and the entire auditorium were on their feet dancing along. Luckily I had brought a pair of gloves and my friend and I split them, one hand each. I asked the guy seated beside us if he needed some, but he had brought his own!

Now, the partons of this concert could be called "eclectic," and that would be putting it mildly. The homosexuals (God bless 'em) were out in full force, as were the freaks and weirdos. There were more sequins than a prom and more hair than a Jersey Shore episode. There were even people wearing crutches like the "Paparazzi" video.

The show started and I was blown away. It's not very often you see an ARTIST that can write her own songs, sing live, play the piano and shake her scantily-clad bootyat the same time. The background dancers were amazing, the effects were amazing, the outfits were amazing, she was amazing.

I was attending the third of three concerts in Vancouver, so she had some lovely words for us ... you know... third date, sex date! And aww... I must say I enjoy being a member of the "Little Monsters." She even had me tearing up when she was telling us to cherish our mothers and fathers because family is important.

I unfortunately didn't get tickets to her upcoming concert... so if anyone wants to take me... I'm free!

No comments: