Friday, September 18, 2009

Rock the Bells

I like music. I like sunshine. I like beer. Therefore I attended Rock the Bells 2009 at Deer Lake Park.

The morning started out a little rough because of the piece of shit Easypark machine I had to use. What was supposed to be $15 for 24hr parking turned out to be $24. We tried all different possibilites of button pushing, as well as calling the helpline and then using the pay-by-phone feature. Nothing worked to make it equal $15. (When I called them later for my refund the lady blamed me for not being patient enough with the machine... dumbass... I'm from the technology age, I can use a parking machine! But I got my $9 refund, thank you very much!)

After that debaucle my friend and I started the day off right with the most amazing brunch I've ever had on her friend's rooftop patio in Kits. I'm talking bacon, scrambled eggs with pesto, toast, champagne with strawberries, fruit salad, hasbrowns... and feta cheese, homemade guacamole and chipotle sauce to pull it all together. Mmmm yeah.

We then hopped into a cab with a dumbass cabbie who can't find the venue (even after the dispatcher, our group, and multiple friends on his phone told him) and won't crack a window or put on the AC. No tip for you, asshole!

We got to the concert, waited in line, waited in line again, waited in line again and then finally got some beer. They also had this cider which wasn't bad, kinda like Strongbow. That's what I don't like about these events though... having two drinks to choose from. I like my hard alcohol!


The concert wasn't bad. Common, Damien Marley, Nas and RZA all performed. There were a few bands that were supposed to be there and then dropped out at the last minute... so who filled in? That's right... Cypress Hill. Never in my life did I expect to be rocking out to "Insane in the Membrane" live... but it was great.

After a day of drinking in the heat we actually left during the main show. It had just been a really long day.


My friend and I headed back to her place to relax with a cold shower. Then we went to 7-11 because I had a craving for their nachos. (Squeeze cheese AND squeeze chili? Can't beat it!) When we got to the store they were actually out of the chips so we took home the condiments in coffee cups and used the Tostitos she had at home. Hey, the sign says they're FREE! Then we watched a movie (Bride Wars - Don't bother!) and went to bed. All in all a satisfying day.

No comments: