Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pheromones - Nature's Love Potion #9

Interestingly, the day after I posted about the guy that I didn’t like because of his smell (Sad Fireman) there was an episode of Oprah about pheromones that I thought was interesting. Here's some basic info that I compiled that I found. Maybe I'm not shallow after all! Maybe it WAS the pheromones:

Pheromones are chemicals that are secreted in the sweat (and other bodily fluids) of humans and other mammals, even insects. Pheromones are odourless and barely perceptible. In fact, it is only through our vomeronasal organ (VNO) located in our nasal cavity that we're able to detect pheromones. Although pheromones can’t be seen, heard, smelled or touched, they sub-consciously affect our biological processes, which in turn, stimulate our sexual drives and reproductive behaviours. Scientists have long known that these pheromones have a powerful influence on mating habits.

If you've ever observed the way a male animal is irresistibly attracted to a female in heat(and we’ve all seen two dogs doing in on the side of the road!) you already understand the sexual power of pheromones. They influence how often we have sex, and with whom. This doesn’t mean we act like love-crazed tom-cats ready to pounce on any member of the opposite sex that happens to be nearby. The effects of pheromones on humans are more subtle than that, but still powerful.

Androstenone is a steroid found in both male and female sweat and urine and is predominantly known as a male pheromone because it creates a dominant and intimidating aura. It can produce alpha-male type aggressiveness which is often associated with sex and good mate choice, so this pheromone can create a sexual vibe and increase sexual tension. While normally it is reported to have an unpleasant, sweaty, urine-like or woody smell, when a woman is ovulating (therefore wanting healthy specimen to reproduce with) it takes on a pleasant or floral smell. At this time it also increases the luteinizing hormone (LH) in women, thereby causing a woman to have a heightened sexual responsiveness to a man.

Copulins are an exclusively female group of pheromones that attract men. They are secreted into the vagina at the optimum ratios during ovulation with the aim of encouraging men to desire to copulate. They have also been proven to bring about a testosterone surge (up to 150%) in men, causing a man to have a heightened sexual responsiveness to a woman.This increase in testosterone may cause feelings of arousal in men if a woman is present. It is said that once a man smells copulins on a woman she is deemed to be more attractive.

The difference between being “in love” and just loving someone has to do with chemistry. As I learned on Oprah, a good way to test if there’s chemistry between you and your man is to take a good whiff of him when he’s clean but cologne-free … if the smell turns you on then there’s good chemistry. If not… sorry! Welcome to splitsville... population, you.

Also… and this part is interesting… women are attracted more to men with a different MHC (major histcombatibility complex) than them. It’s part of the immune system that differentiates whether something in your body is your own (self) or from someone or something else (non-self.) This encourages survival of the species through different combinations of genes (and you know, encourages you NOT to get with your cousins.) However, women on the pill tended to choose a guy with a similar MHC because of the fact that they aren’t ovulating. This can cause higher levels of infidelity and fertility issues. So yeah... this is NOT GOOD. You can be off the pill and get pregnant by someone different than you, or be on the pill and not get pregnant and be attracted to someone a little too close to home. Ew.

I know what you’re thinking… How do I use pheromones to get me laid? Well, this is where synthesized pheromones can give you an advantage that Mother Nature never did. Even if you're one of the fortunate people who secretes abundant quantities of natural pheromones, the pheromones you do produce are usually washed away when you shower or bathe. Products such as Passion Parties “Pure Instinct" or endless others you can purchase on the internet contain pheromones, that when applied to the skin are supposed to bring out one’s natural sexual scent. Do they really work? That’s yet to be proven. But, it can’t hurt!

21 comments:

Colin said...

Another common male Pheromone is known as: "Liqourdopethol"

Definition: He who often carries the scent of alcohol and/or marijuana.

In most studies, this Pheromone has been found to be somewhat repugnant to women. Yet, for some unknown reason, many men continue to self-apply it on a regular or bi-weekly basis.

Side effects include: broken sunglasses; yelling into the McDonalds drive-thru intercom at 4am.

Danielle said...

Niiiice

Anonymous said...

singledanielle.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

pheromones said...

Nice post! I enjoyed reading this informative post. This is very useful. Wish I stumbled your site before. Thanks a lot for this valuable information.

-pia-

pheromone cologne said...

I agree that the effects of pheromones on humans are more subtle than that, but still powerful. Will certainly visit your site more often now.

isey

Male Pheromones Cologne said...

Pheromones are odorless chemicals that cause arousal and attraction in people. The pheromones that affect males and females are distinct from each other. Thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

Fricken hilarious!! Lmfao!

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any discussion boards that cover the same topics talked about here?
I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get comments from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Kudos!

Feel free to surf to my homepage - Louis Vuitton Outlet Online

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Finally I got a webpage from where I be capable of in fact obtain helpful facts
regarding my study and knowledge.

Visit my site :: Solde Air Max

Anonymous said...

Tremendous things here. I'm very glad to see your article. Thank you so much and I am having a look ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

My web site: click for source

Anonymous said...

At this moment I am going away to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast coming again
to read additional news.

Also visit my web-site - source

Anonymous said...

Hi there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few
of the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why
but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

Feel free to visit my page ... Click This Link

Anonymous said...

Now I am ready to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast coming over again to read other news.


Look into my site ... Christian Louboutin Outlet

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after browsing through many of the posts I realized it's new to me.

Regardless, I'm definitely pleased I came across it and I'll be book-marking it and
checking back regularly!

my webpage - Boutique Air Jordan

Anonymous said...

This is the right webpage for anyone who wants to understand
this topic. You realize a whole lot its almost hard to
argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa).
You definitely put a brand new spin on a topic that has been discussed for a long time.
Wonderful stuff, just great!

Also visit my page; Air Max Femme

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This was a really wonderful article. Thank
you for providing this information.

My website: Wholesael NFL Jerseys

Anonymous said...

I like it when people get together and share views. Great blog,
stick with it!

Also visit my web-site; Michael Kors Outlet ()

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended
up losing a few months of hard work due to no data backup.

Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

Feel free to visit my weblog - Kobe 8 Shoes ()

Anonymous said...

Thanks to my father who shared with me about this website,
this website is in fact remarkable.

Take a look at my web site - New LeBron Shoes

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined
your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post.
Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks!

my weblog Sac Guess

Anonymous said...

Wire up your shadowgun and jump in the saddle; position your finger dead on the trigger and spin up the muzzle of your shadow gun of preference. Suppose you like to shoot your opponents from close range or to execute them from skyline. Endure the limitless waves of interplanetary dread, kill the space aliens dead and observe them disintegrate and perish. Just the best stunts of modern combat can shift the trend of this space battle. Follow the call of duty and go on a shooting rampage as you will be the apex sniper, killing cosmic bugs like deer in the woods. It's like Dead Trigger only with space bugs. Unknown to man in past, kind found in the depths of Mars. Modern battlefield at its best. Gameplay replicates warfare on the modern battlefield with a modern feel. Guns that will come to your disposal are not far and wide, but they are adequate enough to face any problem you'll ever confront. In the midst of the red sands of Moon shooter feel will be extensive and fascinating. Done on android app source code, this edge of tomorrow simulator can give you the impression of actually bearing the hard shadowgun in your fingers. Though you have to know that this ain't Deer Hunter - there is real blood and true sweat because you'll be battling the battle for mankind, as the skirmish on the exotic battlefield will decide the fate of the galaxy. The far cry of your call of duty will drive you to your limits, as the galactic horror shall deliver you trials and woe of great extent. Various aliens in space will impact you. Countless sniper shooters have perished in the past you so this edge of tomorrow shall bring you the most amusing and dazzling misery ever. Only now free call of duty strike team
This mobile game get on the android market for your accessibility. Install it quick and be the ace sniper shooter, while leading the edge of tomorrow battlefield.