Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Why I like Hockey Players

Some people ask my why I have this fascination with hockey players. Well, it's simple. It's a case of national pride.

I mean, I love Canada, but we aren't good at that many things. We have bad TV, we don't sell booze at grocery stores, we don't have tropical vacation spots, we don't have cool accents and we definitely don't win gold medals.*

What ARE we good at? Hockey!


Add this to the pile: When our parents were young they got to pause their school day, gather around the TV and watch astronauts being shot into space. The only live TV I've ever got to see in the classroom was the hockey finals at the Olympics. The ENTIRE school was shut down... That's apparently how important the administration found for us to watch that game. See... it's not even my fault, it's a learned behaviour!

So you see... liking hockey players is my doing my part for the country! Supporting them is supporting hockey which supports the economy which supports Canada. Got it?

*Except in hockey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that Brad May was into boys....
-Nicole

Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was very enlightening. I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this information together.
I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both
reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worthwhile!


my blog post Read the Full Post