Monday, February 16, 2009

We're on a Roll!

For those of you who are enjoying the Canucks' comeback after their 9-game losing streak, well I'd like to say "You're welcome!"

I attended the game against Carolina 2 weeks or so ago, where they won their 1st out of 10 games and they've been doing well since. Before I went I knew they were going to win. I just knew. And I also became their self-proclaimed lucky charm. Either I'm psychic, lucky or both. Coincidence? I think not!

I attended the game with a friend of a friend. I drove out to Richmond to meet up with him (which took me like an hour 45 grr) and we headed downtown. Unfotunaely due to my lateness we didn't have time for dinner, so we grabbed some GM Place food. The 4-Cheese pizza is pretty good, except for the fake parmesan cheese makes it a little gritty. Like picnic pizza.

It was a great game. My sister even said after that I didn't deserve to go to that good of a game because I'm not fan enough. Well nyah nyah to you!

Here is the play-by-play accoring to me: We started out up by two... and then they scored. Then they scored again and it was called a no-goal. Then WE scored and it was called a no goal. Then they tied it up. I was pretty nervous when we took a penalty (way to go Ohlund) with like 3 minutes left in the 3rd period. As you all know, we aren't too good in shootouts! Then miraculously we scored on a short-handed breakaway and won the game. It was madness in GM Place!

The guy that I went with and I got along really well. He made fun of me for liking Pyatt too... but he did it in a nice way. I could tell he liked me, but I didn't really feel any sparks flying. I figured I'd go out with him again if he asked though.

No comments: