Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday night Date night

A few fridays ago I went out on a date with this guy. Well, we said it was as friends, but it was pretty obviously a date. He's pretty cute, 27 years old, went to McGill, smart, funny, is from Newfoundland. (No accent.)

I met him at his place downtown. We parked my car and then decided that since it was such a gorgeous day we'd just walk around English Bay and get some gelato and something to eat and drink. We also got the chance to watch a huge herd of people on bikes ride around. That was kinda cool.

He was a total gentleman. He carried my coat around for me, and held it to help me put it on when it got chilly. He paid for everything. He offered my his arm to link while we walked. He held doors and even my chair for me.

I thought we had a good time. We talked about past relationships, how we don't want booty calls, how Vancouver guys are useless and can't even change a tire, he even asked me what I want to name my kids. (His were Cecelia for a girl and some Edjj-a-ma-something after some sports dude for a boy... yah, worst names ever.)

He kept telling me how pretty I was and that I had nice eyes and was like "I don't understand how you are not taken by now." At one point I was looking at him and he was smiling and I was like "What?" and he said "This is going to sound totally cheesy, but I'm just smiling because you are pretty." He also kept touching my arm and hand etc, even after he had said that he isn't a touchy person, unless he likes someone. We had also been writing each other some really long, funny, messages on Facebook, and he was like "You better keep writing me those messages, I love them!"

Later on we decided to grab a bottle of wine and head down to the beach. He gave me a hoodie to wear. (Sooo comfy and it was a snowboarding hoodie so it had these awesome thumb holes in the cuff. I'm easily impressed.) Well the liquor store was closed, so we sat on a patio on Davie and people watched.

Around 1:00 we decided it was time to go. We went back up to his place and grabbed my jacket. He was like "Are you ok to drive, you can stay here for a bit." But I was fine to drive and it was late, so he walked me down to my car and gave me a hug.

I never heard from him again. I don't get it.

No comments: