Sunday, December 09, 2007

UCFV Bullshit

The other day I got my first phone call from a telemarketer. As a family we get a tonne... But this one was special...This person specifically asked for me.

She asked me (in broken English) if I wanted to sign up for a UCFV Alumni Mastercard.

First off who knew that UCFV had any want or need to have their own card? Certainly not me. Secondly, I'm perfectly happy racking up cash on my Dividends VISA, so I politely declined (aka yelled "NOT INTERESTED") and then slammed the phone down.

The thing that really bothered me though, is that a University-College on the verge of becoming a full-blown university would sell their former student's personal information to a credit company. I paid them thousands of dollars to attend and get my degree, and they repay me by sicking telemarketers on my ass? Honestly, I just don't think that is right! Under no circumstances should a college be giving out their students personal info. UCFV is BULLSHIT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

The UCFV Alumni card is just one of the many benefits that the UCFV Alumni Association offers alumni who sign up to become members. When an alumni signs up to use the card a percentage of each purchase goes directly toward building the alumni student scholarship endowment. So using the card is like giving back while enjoying the benefit of having a credit card. Thousands of alumni appreciate having this opportunity.

We do not sell our alumni contact information. If at any time you wish to be removed from the list please contact us. We will be happy to honour your wishes immediately, because nothing is more valuable than our relationship with our UCFV alumni.

Best, UCFV Alumni Relations