Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sex Trafficking

Last night after a delicious dinner of Pho and Bubble tea Jaelene and I decided to chill and rent a movie. We had a few mishaps as we were wandering aimlessly through Roger's Video: I accidently spat out a chunk of coconut jelly from the Bubble Tea onto the floor in the middle of the aisle, so I tried to kick it out of the way, but it stuck. I tried to kick it again, and it mooshed into the carpet. I was laughing so loud I could barely breathe, and then Jae snorted... Loudly. We should not be allowed to go out into public.

Anyways, I do have a point today. The video we finally rented was called "Sex Traffic," which was produced in 2005 by CBC. (Yes, CBC actually made something I liked watching.) I think it was originally a mini series, because there were spaces for commercials, although I don't think they would have showed the boobs on Channel 3.

In lacking a better vocabulary, I will say that this movie was really good. It wasn't an actual documentary, but it seemed like one. It really made me think and some of the things even made me yell out loud or just drop my jaw. The way these girls are preyed on and the things they go through are HORRIBLE. I would reccomend this to anyone who isn't in the mood for the usual dumb comedy, and wants a thinker.

Here is the back of the box so you can see for yourself:

"Five stories are interwoven from around the world, into one bold narrative, revealing now the trafficking of young women into sexual slavery is operating in cities throughout Europe, right here and right now.

At the heart of Sex Traffic is the story of two young Moldovan sisters, kidnapped and trafficked through Romania, Serbia, Albania, Bosnia and Italy to the dark side of London, betrayed by pimps and police, and fighting for their lives. The reverberations of their story are explosive, exposing far-reaching corruption that implicates big business in America and international peacekeeping forces in Europe alike."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaelene here ! JUst wanted to back up the points very good movie i recommend everyone to watch it. Because it's not just a movie it'e real life.