I have been communting to school and/or work for a good couple years now. As you can probably figure out, it's not that fun, so I need to do things to keep myself amused. My preferred choice of self-amusement is to sing and car-dance to music... Especially music from the 90's and early 2000's. This can be a little tiring sometimes though, so I just stare out the window.
Through the window while driving you can see some pretty weird stuff, especially when you drive as much as I do... Sometimes you can see the person beside you singing along to the same radio station as you... Sometimes you see people picking their noses.... Sometimes you see them checking you out. But lately, I have seen some things stranger still:
- A dude reading a newspaper, and another reading a flyer in their cars. (Really SAFE guys.)
- A guy whose license plate is "BOX LVR." (It was on a Porche Boxter, but still... double ententre much?)
- A guy driving down 200th street on a tractor sipping on a Slurpee. (It was blue.)
- A person shaving, and a person brushing their teeth in their cars. (Yum.)
- An old lady in a driving school car and for good reason... because she was the worst driver ever. She stopped about 3 car lengths behind the car in front of her at the light, then when it changed she sat there for 20 seconds... and then gunned it. Take her licence away for good... please!
- A lady driving with a neck brace on. (In her defense she is Asian, so even if able she probably wouldn't have shoulder checked anyways.)
- Lastly, a remarkably high number of people walking with umbrellas to keep the sun off them (like 6 in one day.)